Milan City Tax
From 1st September 2012 The City of Milan has been introduced the tourism tax.This is a municipal tax which must be paid by all those who stay in hotels in Milan. The revenue will be allocated to measures in favour of tourism and promotion of the city through the support of accommodations and of maintenance operations, use and recovery of culture and environmental heritage.
- The city tax for a 4 star hotel is Euro 5,00 per person per night.
- It is due for the entire stay
- It is not included in the room-rate and must be paid at the check-out.
- During July, August and from December 15th to January 10th all rates are reduced by 50%, in order to support low season tourism.
- The above may be subject to change according to Milan City Councile amendments and without further notice by the hotel
The tax is not due by the following:
- Persons under 18 years of age
- People with official residence based in Milan
- Family members and/or companions, during hospitalizations within the Milan Province. Exemptions will be granted upon presentation of a self-certified declaration that the stay is motivated by the need to assist the hospitalized person
- Persons who have been hospitalized and continue therapy in medical facilities within the Milan Province, and their helpers
- Police and Armed Forces servicemen on duty
- Volunteers of the Civil Defence or other associations in case of natural disaster or serious event such identified by the Milan City Council
- Disabled persons and their helpers.